New to Prallels, a little help please.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by c-los, Mar 19, 2007.

1. c-los

c-los Bit poster

Hello, Just got done trying to install Parallels 3188. Everything seemed like it was going fine, got through the activations for parallels and windows xp key. then paralles brought up the bios screen as if you where just starting booting up a PC.

It typed out.."Trying to Boot from Harddrive, :Failed."

"Trying to boot from CDrom :___" Just stays there. Could it possibly be that my windows disc is bad?

Seems like it was a bug, tried it again while doing this post and parallels took a SS and sent it to the support team.

Also if others could inform me, if i only have mac osx installed will this work fine? or do i need other programs(bootcamp ect).

thanks.

carlos:cool:

2. pigwiggle

pigwiggle Member

"Trying to boot from CDrom :___" Just stays there. Could it possibly be that my windows disc is bad?

Yeah, could be. Coincidentally , the disk I got for my XP install in parallels was bad. It was so unexpected it took me quite a while before I tested it out on another machine.

3. Mstoner

Mstoner Bit poster

Same problem here. On another post in the forum, someone suggested making a disk image of the XP cd and then burning it back to CD. This worked for me.
    Regards

4. c-los

c-los Bit poster

How do I make a disc image?