Installing Parallels on Vista with Kaspersky Internet Security 6

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by mech, Feb 11, 2007.

1. mech

mech Bit poster

Hi I have Parallels installed on Vista Ultimate. And I have the Kaspersky Internet Security 6. When I boot it takes a long time to detect both my local network as well as Parallels virtual NIC. I disable startup scan on Kaspersky, but problem still exists. This issue gets serious as it sometime just hang the mouse and refuse to move. The whole thing just stop.

I know is Kaspersky and Parallels not liking each other is because uninstall either of them solve the problem. Using other anti-virus such as McAfee also solve the problem. But I love Kaspersky, so really hope Parallels, Vista, and Kaspersky can co-exists.

Anyone with such setup and see no problem, please advice.

2. jensw

jensw Member

I had a similar issue a few days ago. Kaspersky Internet Security, Vista and Parallels. I set the paralles DHCP server to start up manually and everything seems to be fine now. When set to automatic my mouse sometimes didn't move any longer and I could just restart my whole system.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon...

Best regards,
    Jens

3. I have the same problem with Kaspersky Internet Security, Vista and Parallels

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=34202

Jens, can you please tell me how did you set the paralles DHCP server to start up manually?
    Do you mean in every Virtual Machine configuration or there is a global option I wasn't able to find?

TIA

Ale

4. jensw

jensw Member

I just set the windows service under control-panel --> administrative tools --> services --> "Parallels DHCP Service for virtual NIC" to manual (rightclick->properties->startup type manual).

Best regards
    Jens

As parallels doesn't seem to fix anything we still have to use tricks to get things working :mad:

5. your trick is working and solved the problem,
    thank you very much!

Ale

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007