I got the scoop about version 2.5 from Andrew at Parallels...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Stevamundo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

We'd been PMing each other. As you will see that our conversation really wasn't private. So that's why I decided to share it with all of you.

2. White fox

White fox Member

If it´s the final version, then it will obviously not be good for users of Windows 98 because of the video driver problems, but these users aren´t maybe that important?:confused:

3. pooru

pooru Bit poster

Not good either for those who, like me, need a USB dongle. As far as I can tell dongle support is missing in 3188. Exact same dongle works fine in 1970.

4. limec

limec Member

Not good for Linux users also. Lots of serious USB bugs, I'm back to 1970.

5. leoofborg

leoofborg Junior Member

It's too bad there's no USB 1.0 fallback mode or 'legacy mode'.. I think that would solve a number of our problems [like my issue with dropoffs and Nokia PCSUITE + my 6682].

I like the improvements in 2.5, but.. sorry, I hate the USB implementation.

6. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

What? In version 2.5 the USB was improved to 2.0. The USB SHOULD BE better for everybody now.

I'm using a XP speakerphone modem with a serial adapter along with the software called HotFax 6.0. This system is working beautifully in 3188, THANK GOD!

Of course that system worked beautifully when I bought Parallels. I believe it was the build 1884 and Parallels only had USB 1.1.

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Could you please report these bugs me in PM?

8. constant

constant Forum Maven

Andrey,

When will usb work in Workstation?