Printer prints in B&W only from Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by akadmon, Mar 24, 2007.

1. akadmon

akadmon Member

I have a Canon MP600 printer hooked up to my Mac that I also use with a couple of PCs in my house. I can print from those PCs in color via Bonjour's generic postscrpt driver, but when I print to it from Parellels on my Mac Pro I get only B&W. This is frustrating since I need to print in color from a Windows program I use for CD labels. Any idea how to fix this? BTW, when I tell Bonjour to use the actual Cannon driver, the printer does not respond at all. Obviously using the Cannon driver directly does not work either.

I'm using the latest build 3188, but this has been the case with every other build I've used in the past.

2. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

Have your tried creating a CUPS printer with RAW driver on the OS/X side and access it from Windows using Bonjour with native printer driver? I was able to print CD labels from Epson R800. Step-by-step procedure was posted in another thread (http://forums.parallels.com/thread9900.html). It might work with Canon if you replace the Epson driver with Canon driver on the Windows side.

3. akadmon

akadmon Member

I tried this and it works!

The only problem is that CUPS does not work in OS X (at least the driver I created does not). All I had to do to fix this was to add back the native OS X driver using Add Printer wizard directly in the Print dialog. Neat. Thanks!