What Version Of Linux Actually Works In Parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by bitznbytes, Mar 24, 2007.

1. bitznbytes

bitznbytes Junior Member

Hi, I've been trying the newest Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE and I can't seem to get any completely working - meaning nothing has installed giving me network, sound and video. Is there a current Linux distribution out there that will work with a normal install in the current version of Parallels without having to tinker with drivers etc...?

B

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

You know, that's kinda strange. I personally have almost all of these distros installed, up and running right now.
    Please, provide some detailed information at least on 1 case: what distro version, what Parallels version, what *exactly* the problems were ?
    We're always glad to help.

3. bitznbytes

bitznbytes Junior Member

Hi Yes, I've since deleted most of the distros but I still have Debian 3.1 installed. I would love to get Debian running. OK, first of all its saying on bootup 'failed to bring up eth0' so I guess the network is not working. Also, debian did not run, during the installation, setup for x so it did not ask for any settings for KDE. Therefore, I'm assuming I'll have to run xf86 config in order to run X windows on Debian. Does this sound right? If so, what steps can I take to run x on debian giving me at least 1024 x 768 res or even higher? If that is possible, in addition, how can I ensure sound and network?

Any help would be appreciate.....

Also,
    Give me a day or so, and I'll re-install Ubuntu and Red Hat and provide the errors...oh also, I'm running Vista as my Primary OS.

thanks,
    b