Bridging an established connection in XP back into Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rgarcia2009, Mar 25, 2007.

1. rgarcia2009

rgarcia2009 Bit poster

Hi-

I am connected to the internet in XP via a Blackberry 8703e (connected through Sprint Connection Manager and a USB cable), and I was wondering if there is any way to bridge that connection BACK into Mac OS X. I've set my VM to host only, but after that I haven't been able to find any settings in OS X's network preferences that get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Lew

Lew Member

I don't think you can do it that way. Establish your internet connection in OS X, then set up a network adapter in Parallels in order to use it in Win XP.

I've set up a shared network adapter for use with an Apple USB modem and it works just fine. I can switch back and forth between OS X and XP while connect to the internet with no problem at all.

Lew

3. rgarcia2009

rgarcia2009 Bit poster

sharing a connection made in Mac OS is simple, but as of now there's no (free) way of connecting via a Blackberry in Mac OS. I've successfully connected the Blackberry in Parallels, but there are many Mac OS applications I'd like to use, so bridging the connection made in XP back into OS X would be very useful.

Someone posted a possible solution (poorly explained and it didn't work for me) in this forum:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/mac-users-corner/49404-8703e-tethered-mac.html
    (lvery last post on the thread)

4. borbye

borbye Bit poster

Same issue her. Using Reliance Netconnect which is win only. Would like to use internet for my OSX apps through parallels win internetconnection.

Anyone?

5. franc12

franc12 Bit poster

tried to do the same with pdanet- could not get windows app working- would be interested in this if there is a way-