Shut Downs

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by upsman92, Mar 24, 2007.

1. upsman92

upsman92 Bit poster

I have installed Parallels on a new 24 inch imac. After about 2 hours parallels quits. I have tried different memory allocations to no avail. I uninstalled everything from the mac and started over and same thing. The only thing i use windows for is to play poker online. The only thing i have downloaded to windows are the system updates, ie7 and my poker client. I used the default settings and also made sure parallel tools were installed. Another very weird thing is my imac has crashed twice since installing parallels. The screen turns grey and a msg tells my shut down via the power button (or something like that). I have sent 4 e-mails to parallels tech support starting 6 days ago and have yet to hear back. Any suggestions. I do have the newest build 3188. thanks

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

this is OSX suffering a kernel panic. you might find some more information that would be helpful, in /var/log/crashdump.log

3. upsman92

upsman92 Bit poster

ok thanks i'll check it out.

4. hoppocket

hoppocket Junior Member

Was in the same camp as you. Build 3186 and 3188 both crashed intermittently, usually while I was playing poker. I uninstalled 3188 and installed 1970 and have not had any problems since. Hope this helps..

5. upsman92

upsman92 Bit poster

darkone i did look in my crashreporter file and it was a kernal problem. im not sure how to fix it but u were right.

hoppocket------ how can i download build 1970. I have a retail box that was purchased from the apple store in the beginning off march and it doesn't even say what build number it is. If i can avoid reinstalling parallels again just to see what build number is on this install cd that would be great. any suggestions from anyone would be great thanks.... :)

6. hoppocket

hoppocket Junior Member

7. upsman92

upsman92 Bit poster

Thanks a lot that is perfect.

Dan