Network hardware?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by peacebewithyou10, Feb 28, 2007.

1. peacebewithyou10

peacebewithyou10 Bit poster

Hello all,

I have a MacBook pro and I've installed vista and parallels. When using OSX, I could use the interent fine because of my built in airport however when I switch to Vista through parallels, I can not access the internet because it says, "no network hardware." My net work addpater currently says bridged eathernet and I have a wireless network at my house. Could anyone help?

Thanks for your time.

2. dcharti

dcharti Bit poster

I'm having this same problem, same MBP setup with the latest Parallels installtion. Any help?

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

do you actually have an adapter installed in windows ? (in control panel > network connections )

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Un-install Parallels tools, restart, then re-install.

Had this issue Sat. when upgrading my builds.

5. dcharti

dcharti Bit poster

@Darkone: yea, I do, it says "Parallels Network Adapter," and I've tried setting VM to use either 'Default Adapter' or specifically 'AirPort Wireless' since that's about the only way I can connect; neither option gets me very far, as Vista's wireless network manager can't see any of the 3-4 open networks, including my own, in rage of the house we're in.

@Eru Ithildur: I'll try that solution, thanks!