Disappearing mouse pointer (how to reproduce bug)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by indabox, Aug 10, 2006.

1. indabox

indabox Junior Member

This issue is still in 1862

When you are using a dual screen configuration, and while in full screen mode, the mouse pointer is not updated (disappear) after typing in a text field and when the mouse pointer has been replaced by the caret (text cursor)

To reproduce on my MacBook :
    - set window on a 2nd monitor in full screen
    - start notepad
    - start typing the mouse cursor disappears (normal expected behaviour)
    - move the mouse around the notepad window the cursor doesn't come back ... bug

This doesn't happen when you are:
    - not in full screen
    - on the main screen

This issue has been in the forum before RC4 I believe. It's really annoying, it doesn;t look like much but it's a real pain as I normally run windows in a secondary monitor maximized

2. bmzero

bmzero Junior Member

I'm having the same issue. I've been searching all over thinking it was a XP problem. I can confirm that this is not an issue if the second monitor is not running Parallels in "Full Screen".

Is there any fix to this yet? I would prefer to run in Full Screen if possible.

thanks,
    .brit

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

when you say youre having the same issue, are you still using build 1862 or do you get the problem in the latest version 3188 ?

4. bmzero

bmzero Junior Member

.brit

5. umcgeek

umcgeek Bit poster

I have the same problem when running XP full screen and on a second monitor. This problem has kept a few people around me from adopting Parallels.

MacBook Core Duo, 2GB, Parallels 3188

-corey