ZoneAlarm 7.0.337 causes Coherence CRASH!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dtidmore, Mar 24, 2007.

1. dtidmore

dtidmore Member

At least two of us have encounter a crash when switching to Coherence after upgrading to the latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (7.0.337). Parallels and Coherence work perfectly on ZA 6.5.737. I have been able to verify this by uninstalling ZA 7.0.337 and doing a clean install of ZA 6.5.737. I then did the upgraded ZA to 7.0.337 again, and again the fatal error in the VM monitor returns when switching into Coherence mode.

ZA 7.0.337 DOES work properly in Full Screen or OS Screen mode, if is only when you try to switch to Coherence mode that the fatal error occurs.

HOPEFULLY, Parallels will find the cause soon as internet security is VITAL in the windows world. ZA is the best firewall in the Windows world and PCMag rated their virus and spyware tools (part of the Security Suite) as #1. Obviously, I can run for some time on the previous release as the updated virus and spyware patterns work in it, but I fear that the new release of the ZA package may foretell of changes to come that may preclude using the older release with yet to be released virus and spyware patterns.

david

2. MSUDVM

MSUDVM Member

Ditto! Parallels will crash when switching to Coherence after upgrading to the latest version of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (7.0.337). Parallels and Coherence work perfectly on ZA 6.5.737.

Dan