Activation problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jannesil, Mar 28, 2007.

1. jannesil

jannesil Bit poster

Activation problem (found solution)

I have a problem with activating parallels. i have used a trial key for build 3188. I have bought actual license retail box (build 1970). the activation key does not apply to build 3188, so i uninstalled build 3188 after that installed build 1970 and the activation was success. I want to use build 3188 because it´s new features. I tried to install build 3188 again and all i get was " you have exceeded your trial period"

Can parallels people help me out, or somebody :) Thanks for any help.

I don´t kknow what i did differently but now my activation works. Thanks for everybody who helped.

Janne:)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. makikato

makikato Bit poster

3188 came in through Parallel's updater for me. Have you tried "Checck for Updates" in the Help menu in your 1970 version?

3. jannesil

jannesil Bit poster

I tried that also, it did not work :(

4. MacManux

MacManux Bit poster

someone from parallalels might jump in here, but my understanding (being in germany) is that boxes and/or localized versions of Parallels use a different license scheme. If this is correct this means you might have ot wait until the supplier/distibutor of the boxed version in finland comes up with an official update.

5. STim

STim Bit poster

Usually, problems begin when people are installing English version on top of German or so. The thing is - German license won't activate English version and vice versa.

jannesil,

Please send me your activation key via private messages. I'll look at it and suggest you correct version to download and install.

6. gerd

gerd Bit poster

It looks like I have the same problem. I bought an english version in the box last week, which is number 1940. I activated this version which was succesful. Then I did the online update and now I have to activate again, but the activation key is not working with the new version 3188.
    I have a german MAC OSX on my brand new MacBook Pro and I'm from germany. Can you please help me as well?

7. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

As has been said on the forum many times, PM the support. Tim Surgent is a good start.

8. gerd

gerd Bit poster

There seems to be a problem with the update function. The software doesn't give you the right download link, so the key does not work if you update from a previous version, like from an official boxed package.

I got this link for my problem:

link deleted by Tim Surgent

It works fine with my official key.

thanks so much Tim for the solution!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  9. STim

STim Bit poster

Gerd,

Thank you for your willingness to help. Unfortunately, I had to remove the link, as it leads to the build which fixes the problem only for those who own UK version of Parallels Desktop. So, if someone who purchased, say, in Italy, is facing the same problem, reads your reply and downloads via that link, he wouldn't have fixed his problem.

This is why I usually ask people for activation key - to look at it, determine the correct localization of around 15 available, and suggest it for download.

Thank you for your understanding.

10. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

@Tim

Maybe you all at Parallels should consider to drop the localized activation key.
    It's very frustrating when people buy a product and try to update to a new version or beta and the application keeps yelling that the activation key isn't correct.
    Why the difference in activation keys?
    Just mention clearly on the download page which localized version somebody is going to download.
    And for the beta's just put with 'giant' letters on the page that the beta is only available in English.
    By using a general activation key everybody is free to use the localized version they wish to use.
    For example:
    I'm used to work with the English version, but as a inhabitant of the Netherlands I then could decide to use the German version (not that I want to do that).