3188 Upgrade issue with XP - didn't upgrade parallel tools in XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by doddylonglegs, Mar 28, 2007.

1. doddylonglegs

doddylonglegs Bit poster

Please assist me with this.

I just upgraded my parallel desktop to build 3188. After upgrading, I run the XP and coherence won't run. It doesn't do anything. The prompt tells me that I need to run the Parallel Tools install on the menu. So I do that but nothing happens. I uninstalled and installed the parallel desktop. Still same thing. I also read that I can rename the "cohrence.exe" file to "coherence.exe" but I do not see either of files in C:\program files\parelles\parallel tools\.

Since the upgrade, my parallels desktop has been crashing and freezing. I don't know how to fix this but I am trying to avoid reinstalling XP as I have lots of software that is pain to reinstall again.

Please help.

2. doddylonglegs

doddylonglegs Bit poster

Also it won't install parallel tools

I've uninstalled following instructions but now it won't install parallel tools. even when I rebooted it doesn't prompt me.

Please help me.

3. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

That is fairly simple - the only thing you need to do is to choose 'Install Parallels Tools' option in the Menu Bar.
    If installation doesn't start correctly, you need to open your Explorer -> CDRom -> Setup.exe to force installation startup.
    So the only thing you need to upgrade is CD in your configuration.

4. timon

timon Member

I had a worse problem with 3188. Did a fresh XP SP2 bootcamp install, using volume license media, which I then fully patched. Then tried to setup parallels to use bootcamp. XP booted started to load tools then went to a black screen. The bootcamp partition is hosed even if I try to tell it to use the bootcamp hardware profile:mad:

I'm going to try again later in the day. Such a PIA:mad:

FYI, I came from the old x122 release.

System config, iMac CoreDuo (not a Core2) with 2GB of ram and a 32GB bootcamp partition. EDIT: Bootcamp 1.2

---- Parallels NOTE the following ---- Parallels NOTE the following ---- Parallels NOTE the following ----

We really need Transporter to move a virtual disk to a bootcamp partition. That way we could use Transporter to move a bootcamp partition to a HDD then if something fails we could move the HDD back to the bootcamp partition.

It sure would save US a LOT OF TIME when parallels screews up!

I really don't know why Parallels has not done this:confused:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. doddylonglegs

doddylonglegs Bit poster

worked!

I had no idea that CDROM had the install files... this worked and thank you. I really like coherence!

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Ditto that last part... I put it in the wishlist.