failure after 3188 update

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SusanE, Mar 29, 2007.

1. SusanE

SusanE Bit poster

I am incredibly aggravated--I have been happily using Parallels with WindowsXP home for quite some time on my MacBook Pro. I upgraded to build 3188 and (I think) did something wrong--I tried to update Tools without uninstalling them first. In any case, When I try to start up, I get the Windows splash screen and music, then an error beep and a black screen. I sent in a request for email tech support 10 days ago (they say they will respond within 3 business days) and have gotten no response.

I'm hoping that someone can help me, both with the software problem as well as with some hint as to how to actually contact Parallels tech support.

2. kosh

kosh Member

Check this thread for a solution on how to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall then reinstall Parallel Tools. (See the second post, the one by VTMac.)

3. SusanE

SusanE Bit poster

I found the posting describing "black screen of death," started up in safe mode and was able to fix everything. How simple! Thanks to the poster. I am still really annoyed that tech support hasn't gotten back to me though--