How do I put a Windows program icon in my Mac dock if...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by RH1, Mar 29, 2007.

1. RH1

RH1 Junior Member

In my Mac finder, I open home/library/parallels, but there is no application folder. I cannot find where The Powers That Be have stored my Windows Microsoft Office programs on my Mac hard drive. Therefore, I cannot figure out how to drag an icon to the dock.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

(FYI: I bought a new MacBook Pro yesterday, upgraded it to 2 GB memory and have done nothing except install Parallels and Office. Everything is working flawlessly, but the inability to resize the Parallels console window (unless you change display resolution) is a big "Doh!")

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

What build number is your installation? You may need to download and install the current version.

3. RH1

RH1 Junior Member

It is version 1970.

EDIT: I just updated to 3188. It makes no difference. ALso, I cannot drag and drop files from my Mac desktop to my Windows desktop.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  4. RCF2616

RCF2616 Member

Windows Office location

If you're talking about a Windows Office installation in Windows, it will not be visible in the Mac files, because it is located in the .hdd file which contains all of the Windows system/applications/files and which is under the control of Parallels. You would find the Office files by launching windows and using Windows Explorer.

Does this help?

rcf

5. Archy

Archy Bit poster

RH1,
    do you have Parallels Tools installed in guest OS? Have you updated them to 3188 version?

6. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Once you have uninstalled the old Parallels Tools, and reinstalled the current Parallels Tools, then ...

See page 87 and page 160 in the 3188 User Guide