Hey new Parallels people

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Stevamundo, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Tom Ironcast

Tom Ironcast Guest

Constant,
    Did I say, that I will open new thread now? or tomorrow? I said that I will open it, yes.
    And to your second post - I'm working on shift basis, so I am not in here every day.

Eru,
    We are trying to change that now.And we will succeed, just give us some time.

Stevamundo
    What is your question? Our developers are working on Beta release for Workstation.
    Can't tell you on release date now.

2. lisaw

lisaw Bit poster

you guys are harsh. give the guy a break.

3. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I just wanted somebody to answer constant's question about the workstation.

Thanks.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

That's fine with me. So far I can't complain about the support I have received!

5. Tom Ironcast

Tom Ironcast Guest

Eru,
    Good to hear :)

Stevamundo

Did I answer your question ?

6. Phg1938

Phg1938 Bit poster

Very ubhappy camper...

Well, since my three tech support by e-mail requests spread out over last year were NEVER answered, I should have expected my request of March 21, 2007 to be similarily ignored...and it was. See below for my March 21st request. Great, great program, very, very poor support.

phg1938

Problem report - Start
    Please send this file to Parallels Software International, Inc.
    --------------- Users bug description --------------
    When I start up Outlook Express, it opens normally, except it will not receive mail. The window says I am connected, and I am able to send an e-mail left in my outbox from a previous session w/OE, but when I click on Send/Receive, all tht happens is the inbox icon shows up, says I'm connected, but no mail comes in. Like the message on the inbox says, I am connected to the internet because Internet Explorer works normally. I have a feeling that a setting has become messed up, but sm not good enough with Windows to have any idea what to do.
    Phil Green
    phg1938@verizon.net

(SNIP SNIP)

7. constant

constant Forum Maven

How long does it take to open a forum thread????

The expectation is that it only takes a minute. As in 60 seconds. Why would it not be done 5760 minutes later.

You seem to have missed my point. Expectations have been created, and not delivered on. This has been the Parallels way. You have only confirmed this.

Hollow commitments.

8. Resolver

Resolver Member

Hey Avatars ! We are working on it. Forum will be radically improved in the nearest future.

9. Phg1938

Phg1938 Bit poster

Just the forum, or does that include tech support by e-mail?

phg1938

10. CorpSuit

CorpSuit Junior Member

Phg1938, I can try to help you (although I am not Parallels Support) I am pretty knowledgeable in Windows. I am assuming you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2? What Build of Parallels are you using? And are you using a virtual HDD or a Boot Camp Partition? I am going to see if I can duplicate the error on my laptop in my current configuration.

11. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Phg1938, also, what type of networking are you using? What happens if you use Bridged (if you are not already)?

What does your network set-up look like?

Do you use proxies?

12. whytyger

whytyger Member

Let me add my voice to those commending Parallels, and Tom in particular, for taking steps to improve customer support. I've not had occasion to ask for such support, but in reading through the forums, there appears to have been considerable frustration with how things have been up till now, which Tom has acknowledged.

So, with best hopes for the future, perhaps Tom as QA manager or another team member could clarify the following:

1) As I understand it, there are three ways of seeking support from the QA team.

a) Sending email to the support team
    b) Calling the support line, and paying for a support call
    c) Posting in one of the forums (but not in the "How to" section)

Is this correct? If so, approximately when can a customer reasonably expect to receive a reply in each case?

In the case of (c) [forum posting], while there are many very experienced users in this forums, if a customer wanted an authoritative response from Parallels, to which area of the forum should he/she post?

2) In addition, it's my understanding that Build 3186 is a supported version, and likewise 3188, meaning that paying customers can expect to receive support if they are using either of these versions, or Build 1970. At least, that is what has been stated by senior members like dkp, and may perhaps have been confirmed by Tom.

Is this correct?

3) Does Parallels offer any sort of guarantee, such that if the program fails to perform as promised, and/or support is not forthcoming, a paying user can request a refund?

If there is such a guarantee, what is the correct procedure for making application for a refund and what documentation is required?

In posing these questions, it's my hope that users' expectations can be brought into line with Parallels' new commitments and intentions, to everyone's benefit.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  13. Phg1938

Phg1938 Bit poster

I see my reply to CorpSuit and Eru has not appeared on in this thread yet. Perhaps I'm being monitored because of my complaints about tech support? Anyhow, if I does not appear by tomorrow (Sat, 3/31, I write it again.

phg

14. whytyger

whytyger Member

I hate to see this topic dropping too far down in the forum without a response from Parallels.
    So let me broaden the question to non-Parallels folks.

Am I right in my understanding about supported products, and the ways of soliciting support?

15. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Yes you're right. To my knowledge anyway.

16. Resolver

Resolver Member

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

17. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

What does this mean?

18. Resolver

Resolver Member

I just hit some button to respond this messge " you typed in less than 8 caracters"

19. ericthered

ericthered Member

Hmmm... I've been waiting a bit longer than that for a response to MY e-mails...

20. Tom Ironcast

Tom Ironcast Guest

I think we have a misunderstanding here.
    No jokes, I do know how long it takes to create a new thread - you're right - a few moments.
    But it will be done in a few moments when it will be required.
    I see your point. "Has been" is probably the most important part of your phrase - we are working on improvement for support workflow.