Usb Device

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jtaylor1944, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jtaylor1944

jtaylor1944 Junior Member

Gidday Forum Folk.

It may be a coincidence but after updating to OSX.4.9 I now get the following error message on Windows virtual
    USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process Wait 5-10 seconds then try again if not find application that blocked up the device & disconnect it manually".

It has no problem with my printer, but gives the message to my camera, & two different memory sticks, all; of which worked before. The only thing I notice is that the stick icon appears on Mac window ?? Any ideas out there.

2. CorpSuit

CorpSuit Junior Member

Getting the same error message, has anyone been been able to resolve this?

I am using Build 3188, and OS X 10.4.9. I saw someone post that they downgraded to a lower level Build, but the one they are advocating is supposed to be equally buggy.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Have you restarted and/or re-installed Parallels tools?

4. easum

easum Bit poster

Same issue here

I also just downloaded 10.4.9 and am experiencing the same issue. If anyone has any ideas on a workaround I would be grateful.

Thanks!

5. MrMacHead

MrMacHead Member

Could be a coincidence. I am on 10.4.9 and build 3188 as well. After reading this thread, I plugged in my Canon EOS-20D, then my Lexar Thumbdrive. Both camera and drive worked perfectly in XP/Parallels. I have USB Autoconnect turned off.

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

7. CorpSuit

CorpSuit Junior Member

Running Parallels Tools 3188, so I am good to go now. On a side note, I was able to get my USB stick to work by selecting the "Autoconnect USB" option.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  8. MrMacHead

MrMacHead Member

Oddly enough, after posting that 10.4.9 with 3188 caused no problems with my ThumbDrive and camera, I ran into the issue with my Garmin GPS! I changed to USB AutoConnect and that fixed it for the GPS.

Very weird!!