Unable To Reinstall Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bighauns, Mar 20, 2007.

1. bokappy

bokappy Bit poster

I had the same problem and followed your instructions and now I'm up and running. Thanks alot. I seem to get this Autoplay dialogue alot and things are slow..... Can't seem to explore the computer without things really bogging down. Any suggestions?

2. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

bokappy wrote: "I seem to get this Autoplay dialogue alot and things are slow..... Can't seem to explore the computer without things really bogging down. Any suggestions?"
    ===

Download Powertoys for XP and go through the entire thing and disable every XP thing in there that you don't need. Your system will run much faster.

In there, you can disable the autoplay feature for all the drives, not just cds. This includes any additional drives that you plug via USB or firewire in the future.

Another nice feature is to auto login to windows, and avoid that pesky log-in screen every time.

The first thing I also do after a fresh install of Windows is disable the System Restore service, which can be done by right-clicking on My Computer, selecting the Properties, selecting the System Restore tab, and checking "Disable System Restore." You will immediately see a rise in performance after this.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  3. parallels support

parallels support Member

How much total memory do you have in your Mac and how much is allocated to the VM?