GE cradles

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gotenks05, Apr 1, 2007.

1. gotenks05

gotenks05 Member

I am trying to setup a USB device for somebody. However, I cannot get the finder application for this device to acknowledge that it's there. As the title says, it is a GE product and I could not find anything saying that the finder could not access this. I need help as soon as possible for this problem. I may go check other places, but I would still like information from this place.

2. elektradw@cox.net

elektradw@cox.net Bit poster

GE Cradle

I also have a problem with a GE cradl. I am in real estate and my cradle is used to sync
    my GE Supra e key. This is a digital keypad used for accessing lock boxes on listed houses. My MacbookPro recognizes the cradle in OS 10.4.9 and it also appears on the usb list in Parallels. Trouble occurs when the sync is initiated. The software cannot find the cradle and then goes offline. See my post earlier on this page for additional details.

I think both our problems are related and hope that someone out there might have a suggestion.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Is OS X simply not recognising it? Or is it Parallels? Or both?

4. gotenks05

gotenks05 Member

Well, there was no Mac installation disc. When I work on that person's Macbook again I'm going to try BootCamp (if I can get passed the partitioning stage). Still I need help getting it to work in Parallels, in case BootCamp does not get past the partitioning stage.

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Does OS X recognise the device at all, though?

Also, have you tried 'auto-connect USB Devices'?

6. gotenks05

gotenks05 Member

I did not try to have OS X recognize it. I could have plugged it in without the Virtual Machine going, but since there was only a Windows installation disc, there would be no updating, if OS X did recognize. I think Auto-connect is on, but I'll need to check, when I do work with that person's Macbook again.

7. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Yes, do check the auto-connect.

I would also see if OS X ever sees the object... Whether or not it can use it is irrelevant. It simply shows us where the link is broken. It could be bad connectors, bad cable, bad computer connectors, no connection on the OS end of OS X, the link between OS X and Parallels, or bad drivers in Windows. The more of those variables we can remove from the equation the easier to solve the problem.

8. mike274

mike274 Bit poster

I am having the same problem with my Supra Key.... I think I am going to have to give Bootcamp a try. I really do not understand why this would not work otherwise.

9. moneywrangler

moneywrangler Bit poster

Supra Key

I'm searching for a solution as well. My Supra Key cradle works fine with bootcamp, but when I switch to Parallels, the cradle can't be found. This is keeping me from using Parallels at all.

10. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

As a suggestion...

Since it looks like the technical know-how here is fairly low, and the device is not fixed yet...

Have any of you thought about sending Parallels one of these devices in the mail so that they can play with it and make it work? It would be far more productive to give them some engineering time with it then just posting "it does not work" without log files or error messages.

You would obviously have to contact Parallels first to make sure all is OK with them.

11. moneywrangler

moneywrangler Bit poster

sending in one of these devices is not really possible. They are basically on loan and a large fine would occur in event of a loss.