Numeric Keypad not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by netdog, Apr 21, 2006.

1. netdog

netdog Hunter

iMac

+, -, * and / seem to work, but numerals produce nothing and = seems to function as a return key.

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Thank you for this issue - it is fixed now (except "=" key - it still works as ENTER, cause it's just the way it is mapped in the numeric keyboard)

3. netdog

netdog Hunter

That means that it will be working in beta 5? It is not working in beta 4.

4. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Yes, this fix is not public yet - we've just verified it in our up-to-date private version.

5. netdog

netdog Hunter

Great news! Thanks!

6. James Wu

James Wu Bit poster

here's a workaround...

Until beta 5 comes out, you can press the clear key on the numeric pad to enable the numbers on the numeric pad. The decimal point still doesn't work though.

7. mparisinou

mparisinou Bit poster

Numeric Keypad doesn't work in Beta 5

Just downloaded Beta 5 and installed on a Mac Book Pro (Intel). The numbers on the keypad don't work. Any solutions?

Thanks!
    MP

8. James Wu

James Wu Bit poster

You can still press the Clear key on the numeric key pad to get the numbers to work. In beta 5, the decimal point key works as well.

That is:
    Clear = Num Lock

James

[edit: Doh! On a full keyboard, the clear key = the num lock key. If the num lock key on your MBP doesn't enable the "built in numeric key pad", try plugging in a full-size keyboard?]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  9. MacBookSoon

MacBookSoon Bit poster

Num locked stopped working after RC2

I am using an MBP in clamshell mode with an Apple extended keyboard. In RC1 I could use the keypad after pressing the num lock key. Now, after installing RC2, the num lock light does not go on and I can no longer use the keypad. Is there a new preference that affects this?