macDrive 7 is Out. Can we get compatibility please???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gracemolloy, Mar 12, 2007.

1. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

Pretty Please???

EDIT: or better yet, full on replacement built into Parallels Tools for Windows.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. Platinum Samples

Platinum Samples Member

I'll raise my hand for a "me too".

Rail

3. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

Any word on this? I for one would love to know.

4. STim

STim Bit poster

Hmmm...

What kind of compatibility do you mean?

No... I mean, what kind of incompatibility do you observe?

5. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

I tend to get crashes/corruption of macdrive when Parallels tools are installed. Though I haven't tried recently b/c of my need to not redo my partition all the time.

Has there been something done to improve the process? If so, I'll send you a 6-pack of your choice.

PS. this is WinXP Pro on a 2.33 C2D MBP, 15"

I'll throw in a pizza too if Parallels tools completely replaces MacDrive. Buggy piece of .... that it is.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

EDIT:

See below

7. tsawicki

tsawicki Bit poster

This is more a design incompatibility issue for me... Running MacDrive 7.0.4 with build 3188 works fine from a stability standpoint but what's huge PITA is the way Parallels loads boot camp partitions is that it prevents the windows VM from seeing the Mac partition so therefore if I want to share files - I have to hope I remembered to put the files in one partition of the other or just use Bootcamp. Yuck.

Any chance of getting try multi-OS partition support in a parallels VM running off a BC partition?

8. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

Ah Yes, I have found it again, and it's repeatable .. Every time I try and map my Firewire 800 drive in Windows, Windows Explorer goes BOOM!

That would be the incompatibility I was observing before. It's HSFJ format, I use the latest update to Macdrive 6 (not gonna pay for 7 right now, unless it really *works*)

So perhaps I'm doing this wrong so please let me know. But I'm adding my F800 drive to the shared folders list. Then in WindowsXP I'm trying to map it so that my system will write to it instead of to a fake pseudo version of the drive on C: (Which is really annoying BTW)

If you want more info let me know, Like I said this one seems very repeatable.