Parallels Workers

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kwgrooms, Apr 10, 2007.

1. kwgrooms

kwgrooms Member

Do we actually know if anyone from Parallels even reads this board anymore? Seems like there is never any professional help. Hopefully they are working on getting 3D and other features ready to go. Anyways, just wondering if anyone has heard anything from them recently or if the board and product has just been abandoned. I know some people have said this same group has had products they just left before. Just looking for feedback.

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

if you read most of the new posts
    some of them are here every working day

Hugh W

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

Two posts from you and half of them are complaining about support. FYI, it's better than it was by far, there is room for improvement, and in the meantime there's a large and supportive community that is trying to help in any way it can.

Regarding your earlier question - Parallels and many other companies do not pre-announce features and release dates with specificity. They will tell you that certain features are in work for future release (FFR), but not when that release will occur. There's no shortage of legal reasons for this.

And here's my favorite part - I don't care if they never release 3D support because I don't need it. What I'd like is better integration between Unixes and OS X, and multi-processor support in the VM's. I don't care if all Windows support goes by the wayside getting there, and I especially don't care if nobody on the planet can run even the simplest game, but Unix support was made better I'd be very very happy. I don't like games, I don't like Windows, and I really don't like Boot Camp. Don't ask what I think of whiney people who treat tools like toys.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

dkp, I am very sympathetic with your position. Although, I like games, but I rarely play them... Why? I'm working far too much to have time for them more than once a month or so. Do I miss them? Rarely. If my friends ask why I could afford that custom snowboard, it's simple, while they were veggitating I was working.

Actually, if 3D never is supported Parallels might be more appealing for companies because it could keep employees off games.

I agree, complaining about support rarely gets you anywhere.

5. dexter

dexter Bit poster

3D support can be productive

As a designer, 3D support would be much appreciated as much of the CAD world is PC-centric, and I need to operate there for product design. So if I could use CAD in a smoother manner, it of course would lead to more productivity. 3D support doesn't mean games to me!

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Good point... But aren't there CAD programs for Apple now? I'm not much into 3D design, hence my apparent 'blind spot' in my statement, but I thought I heard of them being Apple compatible.

7. dexter

dexter Bit poster

You're right - there are a few CAD apps. It's just that the biggest players are PC-only. When considering the 3D animation side of the house, there are more industry-standard options. In Industrial Design, most people are at least able to get around in SolidWorks and Rhino3D. By no means are they the only apps, just generally the most prevalent. At least that's been my experience! Sorry to hijack the thread...

8. austin

austin Member

Really? And you know this how?

This would be very cool. Hopefully they support OpenGL.

9. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

It appears as if CelticTech is new to the Parallels support team for the on-line forum.