Gaming error..

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Abovelegit, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Abovelegit

Abovelegit Junior Member

Ok, I installed XP on my Macbook (Not Macbook Pro) using parallels, everything booted up fine. Except..

1. When I try to boot up my games in XP, right when it changes to full screen an error message comes up saying Error with graphical driver card or somthing along those lines. On my other game it says Graphical card driver isn't updated or installed. I looked everywhere for the Graphics card driver and even tried DirectX, however none of these worked. I went to the Mac site and figured out the graphic card is an Intel GMA 950 now to find the driver.. My cousin told me to try the 945 I did, it said my system didn't reach the minimum requirements which I know is completely bull because this is really fast; 1GB memory/ram, 80GB HDD, & 2.0GHZ Intell Proccessor. So I need help finding the driver, a member on Zunescene who loves mac and knows them by heart said XP comes with 950 I asked him if thats so, where or how to install it. Heres the thread.. http://www.zunescene.com/forums/index.php?topic=13874.0 So please help me get my games to work, its the only reason I got parallels.

2. When installing my Zune software from the HDD it says .. "checking for updates, no updates found".. "close".. Wth though.. Seriously it dosnt even try installing it. So if anyone can get around that glitch please help.

My main problem im concernd about is problem #1 please help. Ive looked 3 days straight for this with no luck. :mad:

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I'm sorry to tell you this, it is probably because you need 3D graphics... which are not Parallels supported. They might be soon.

Check out BootCamp.

3. Abovelegit

Abovelegit Junior Member

What, dood, your kidding me right? Parallels, I saw videos of it running XP games such as counter strike. The game im trying to run is Gunz, Gunbound, Live for Speed, Stalker, and Counterstrike Source. Is there anyway around this? Please help!!

4. Abovelegit

Abovelegit Junior Member

Also, my friend has had CS:S he sent pics of him running parallels with it, ive seen pics on google and videos of it on youtube how is it not supported?!?!

5. Abovelegit

Abovelegit Junior Member

My friend is able to play CS:S on his macbook pro, how come thats possbile but not on macbook?

6. constant

constant Forum Maven

Two things are for sure, you don't have any understanding of Parallels, or forum etiquette.

Support for 3D is not yet available.

And running the same thread in two forums, is very poor form.

7. Abovelegit

Abovelegit Junior Member

Since the release for 3D is available in 3 months is there anyway I can play my games on XP in my Mac another way? Im considering bootcamp but id like somthing that can just switch OS'es by just holding buttons such as Alt+Return for Parallels. Does bootcamp include that? Or does VMware or whatever it is? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, you (Admin) can close the thread in the other place, I just decided to post there afterwords because more people post there.

Edit: My other question still stays, how does my friend play CS:S on his MacBook with parallels, the only difference is, is just that his is Pro.. Thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  8. Spanners

Spanners Bit poster

I think you'll find that the video you saw of counter strike was actually running in Vmware Fusion. This is a completely different product which is nothing to do with Parallels.

Hope this helps.

9. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

What you can do is load a BootCamp and point Parallels at it. You can play the games WHILE in BootCamp, this requires a restart to get to. Then you can use Parallels normally when you are booted to OS X, but no 3D.

VMWare Fusion is a Beta that a lot of people are having success with that DOES support 3D. But Parallels might soon anyway...

Take a look at the 'Wine' project.

BootCamp will be the fastest by far though...

10. Tyland1200

Tyland1200 Parallels Team

Eru Ithildur is correct, at this time we do not support 3D graphics but will in the next few months with the new build. Keep your eyes posted on our site as we are in the works of making it happen.

Tyland1200
    Parallels Staff

11. Abovelegit

Abovelegit Junior Member

SO what does Vmare do? Thanks, and does anyone know really close to the estimated date the parallels 3D support is out? Im only doing boot camp partially or vmare depends whats vmare is,.. thanks.