Can't connect to USB devices Build 3188

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rhust, Apr 9, 2007.

1. rhust

rhust Bit poster

It seem as though I am not the only one with this problem.

Anyone got an answer.

Mac OS X 10.49 Core2 Duo

I am trying to connect a flash drive and my Garmin nuvi 360.

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application. Close...................

As far as I know this is not true.

Any help???

Randy

2. debbie marshall

debbie marshall Junior Member

USB device being used error

I'm having the same problem not matter which USB port I try to use.

I'm trying to attached a KeySpan serial to USB adapter for my Garmin 76S on iMAC running OS X version 10.4.8 using Parallels Destop Build 1940.

Any help out there?

3. MrMacHead

MrMacHead Member

rhust - Do you have USB setup to AutoConnect in Parallels? Does your USB key or Garmin show up mounted on your Mac Desktop while your VM is active?

My Lexar USB key and nuvi 350 work fine. After either the 10.4.9 update or the Parallels build 3188, I find I now need autoconnect enabled to see the nuvi from my VM.

4. lloydi

lloydi Junior Member

I don't know if this is related in any way, but I cannot get my Garmin to show in XP Pro. The Web Updater software is installed but despite it showing as connected in the bottom right of the Parallels window, it is not recognised by Windows. The image below shows what I mean:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianlloyd/456851817/

[​IMG]

Any idea?

5. lloydi

lloydi Junior Member

Nudged - please can someone from Parallels look at the images I've posted here and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

6. Jmdor

Jmdor Member

I've got a similar issue with a usb cable that I use to connect to my sewing machine (corner case, I know). Previous versions would work, but this build does not. The VM sees the usb cable, I see a ping go out on the usb icon, but no communication occurs.

7. SamV

SamV Bit poster

XKey USB not recognized

Anyone got an answer to this? I've got a 1GB USD drive that shows it's connected (similar to lloydi's post below) however the drive does not show up in My Computer. Doesn't Parallels support USB drives?

8. nanwat

nanwat Member

lloydi
    sorry I can't help ypu with you problem -I am also still trying to get my printer and thumb drive to work. however please tell me how /where you uploaded your image. I need to do the same. thanks

9. geowits

geowits Junior Member

My Garmin USB drivers show as connected but no devices are recognized until I go to the Device Manager and select the drivers (I use both the USB cable driver and the serial to USB adapter driver from Radio Shack). Then unplug the USB cable and reconnect to the Garmin unit (or turn it off then back on) and all works well.