"Sorry, this application cannot be run under a virtual machine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by squallj, Nov 5, 2011.

1. squallj

squallj Bit poster

Hello, i'm trying to play a game, the installation it's correct but in the moment of play the game i have this message: "Sorry, this application cannot be run under a virtual machine".

I have a Mac ios lion and parallels with windows 7.

2. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

What game is it?

3. squallj

squallj Bit poster

Rusty Hearts, it's free in internet. rpg game.. but have other rpg free for internet and run perfectly

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

5. squallj

squallj Bit poster

I edit my windows 7 x 64.vmx with textedit, and I add the lines of the your link, but not run...
    I add the lines in the end of all document..

Am I add the lines in the middle? or reinstall windows?

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

This is not VMWare's support forums and I have no idea where do you put those lines, I just posted the link to support the fact the game devs are idiots, i didn't meant it as a solution.

7. YanaYana

YanaYana

I suggest you to submit a support ticket to Parallels technical support as well as to tech support of this game - this case need to be investigated. Find support options here.

8. This helpsT

This helpsT Bit poster

9. YanaYana

YanaYana

Well VMs does not have an actually BIOS but! be careful with it as they still have a virtual one - so some settings may still be valuable. At least save all the data from the string somewhere.

10. steveyoung

steveyoung Bit poster

Above youtube link is solve my problem. it's Nexon game's problem and now I can run with my Parallels ver.8
    Thanks for this blog.

11. Geekboy

Geekboy Bit poster

This is not of concern given this registry entry as it is auto populated on boot. You can change it and when you reboot it will come back. So you have to clear it each time you boot to play the game. Best thing to do is export the "blanked" key and save to the desktop so when you want to clear it you just have to double click the reg file then start your app that blows.

12. eduzgz

eduzgz Bit poster

I followed the instructions of the video, and I still can't use the programs, them are specific programs for remapping, have 2 than doesn't work at all, the message "this application cannot be run under Virtual Machine", I'm using Win XP under the last version on Mac.
    I'll really appreciate any help.
    Thanks in advance.