Parallels desktop 5 on Mac OS X Lion

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Royston, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Royston

Royston Bit poster

>>>>Ive upgraded OSX Leopard 10.6 to Osx 10.7 and its not compatible with the desktop parallels 5.. It mentioned that it need osx leopard or later to support PD 5..

Help!!!....anyone?.....

Thanks

2. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac and earlier versions are not compatible with Mac OS X Lion. Please refer to the KB below for details:

http://kb.parallels.com/111578

3. Royston

Royston Bit poster

upgrade to PD 7

I am unable to do a upgrading to Pd 7 with my Pd 5 as it is not able to run because i hv upgraded to OSX Lion.
    How to I upgrade to PD 7 without having to pay a full price for PD 7 as a new user? If i upgrade to Pd 7 will i be able to reinstall it if i upgrade my hard disk or upon purchase of a new Mac
    Pls advise....

Thanks

4. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Royston,

It is not obligatory to have Parallels Desktop 5 installed on your Mac to upgrade to version 7.

You can purchase Parallels Desktop7 Upgrade and install it on your Mac. During the activation, you would need to enter Parallels Desktop 7 Upgarde key and your previous version key (Parallels Desktop 5).

5. ShahryarR

ShahryarR Bit poster

I just got my MacBook Pro back from Applecare repair and they actually installed the latest OS X Lion. As a result, the Parallels 5 that I had purchased stopped working. I just downloaded Parallels 7 and installed it. It didn't ask me for the Parallels 5 serial at all though during installation. I'm a little upset because the ad link I clicked on Google said it would cost $39 but it really cost me $49.

Attached Files:

6. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Dear ShahryarR,

According to the screen shot you provided and information for your Parallels Desktop 7 key, you purchased your copy of Parallels Desktop 7 through Nova Development, one of our resellers.

As the order was placed through a reseller, please contact them directly to clarify why you were charged different amount than you were promised:

http://www.novadevelopment.com/support/customer_service/index.html