prl_vm at 100% CPU - Guest XP with Parallels 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Daisuke2005, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Daisuke2005

Daisuke2005 Member

Well ever since I upgraded to version 7 I have had many problems one of the biggest being parallels seeming to use up 100% CPU most of the time sometimes rarely the CPU goes normal but most times its stuck at 100% even if I am not running any other windows programs. Need help fixing this it's annoying making my mac hot and useless and slow.

2. jithut

jithut Bit poster

Well, I think the main reason why your CPU is using 100% of your memory is mainly because the system requirements that are asked by Parallels 7 are not met. In fact, it is a software which brings alive another OS in Mac. You definitely need sufficient RAM and HDD space for it to work perfectly.Whever i end up in such issues, some of my friends has told me that we could look for guys from angies list and hire him to fix the issue for me.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  3. Daisuke2005

Daisuke2005 Member

I dont think that is the reason because I have 8 GB of RAM and emough space and the mac is still pretty new so is well in the minimum stats :S

4. NaderR

NaderR Bit poster

same here i have 16GB on iMac27 2011 edition! Version 7 no longer responsive... Version 6 doesn't work anymore either... how bizarre!