(Bluetooth) Unable to connect the USB device to your virtual machine.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by marker227, Apr 14, 2011.

1. marker227

marker227 Bit poster

"Unable to connect the USB device to your virtual machine.
    The device cannot be connected now. Please try again later."

Mac Pro Late 2008
    Mac OS X 10.6.7

Parallels 6.0.11994

Ever since I updated to 10.6.7 I can not use Bluetooth in Parallels...

I've tried reinstalling Parallels. Deleting plists, extensions, and even reinstalling the drivers for Windows 7.

I can CONFIRM this issue is not at all connected to my Windows 7 partition. I confirmed this with Parallels support and restoring my Mac OS X back to 10.6.6.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening to me? My friend on his Macbook Pro has the same software and updates and he does not have an issue...

2. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

3. marker227

marker227 Bit poster

Have you tried reinstalling your system completely and then installing Parallels to see if it works on a fresh system (on 10.6.7)?

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

5. marker227

marker227 Bit poster

I did the same exact thing... Only works on 10.6.6 for me.

Note, I tried VMFusion as well.. Same problem!

6. Arnoudv

Arnoudv Bit poster

Exactly the same problem!

March 22th software update brought my system to OS X 10.6.7. Since then: NO BlueTooth anymore under WindowsXP (also tried Windows7). This has been working for a long time fine, and I'm sure it is related to the 10.6.7 update.

Parallels developers: Do something about this ASAP please!

7. CaryM

CaryM Bit poster

Same issue, subscribing.

8. Fing

Fing Bit poster

Bluetooth Fail

I've had the same problems. Worked ok until 10.6.7. After lots of deleting and reinstalling as per http://kb.parallels.com/en/5962 , I rolled back to 10.6.6 and it's now OK again.

I posted a notification to Parallels tech support and got this answer:

<snip>
    Please start Windows virtual machine. Click on start -> Control Panel -> Add and remove programs. If you find any blue tooth drivers then please uninstall. Restart Windows.
    <snip>

I'm not inclined to waste any more time on this, but this may work.... perhaps it could help someone else. If so, please let us ( and Parallels) know how you go.

Also, may i suggest that everyone who is having this problem log a request with tech support.

Cheers

9. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

10. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

11. essarr

essarr Bit poster

try 10.6.8 - sems to have fixed the problem. (But still working out how to get the bluetooth mouse to show a real pointer - I suspect the parallels tools are interfering with it)

12. AmauryV

AmauryV Member

no new news?