Drivers for Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by iamrph68, Dec 6, 2011.

1. iamrph68

iamrph68 Bit poster

I am running BootCamp on my MacBook Pro with Windows 7. I am using EZ-Stream in Windows and installed the drivers for Windows 7 by inserting my Snow Leopard Disk in my drive and clicking on the disk while in BootCamp.

When I run Parallels to run EZ-Stram I get the error message "No Specified Device Driver Is Present. Encoder Error: 0".

How do I install the drivers for Parallels? I tried installing the disk while in Parallels, but that didn't do anything.

Your Help is Greatly Appreciated.

Curtis

2. megavolt17

megavolt17 Product Expert

I would boot into BootCamp to install Windows drivers directly, or from the Snow Leopard disk. I would not do this in a Parallels running Windows because it's a virtual machine and therefore the hardware can not be directly accessed. For instance if running from BootCamp you system may show a NVIDIA driver as being active. If you start the emulation and then check your Windows system you will see something like Parallels Video Driver. It is not using the NVIDIA driver because that device does not exist, your Mac is using that device already and the Windows driver was not designed to share the hardware with another OS.

From within Windows (running in Parallels) can you have Windows search for new hardware? This MIGHT find a driver for the program to use and should be safer than manually installing drivers from your Snow Leopard disk that are not made for a virtual Windows setup.

3. iamrph68

iamrph68 Bit poster

Bootcamp Drivers Installed

The program I'm running in Bootcamp is called EZ-Stream Broadcaster. I have been using it without the Drivers installed and it works so-so. I inserted the Snow Leopard Disk while in Bootcamp and installed the Windows Drivers from the disk.

When I run Parallels and open the EZ-Stream broadcaster, it says a Driver is missing and will not run the program. How do I make the Drivers from the Snow Leopard Disk transfer using Parallels?

Thank You,

Curtis

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

Are you sure this software does not require some particular driver? If not i suggest you to renew your Direct X drivers - it can be the reason of such error (i assume so as the broadcaster should use media drivers)