Incorrect Default Folder for VM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jlindley9, Apr 20, 2007.

1. jlindley9

jlindley9 Bit poster

In a lab at our college, all of the machines suddenly reported that there was not enough free disk space in order to start the VM. The problem is that it is trying to use the network user space of the user logged into the machine. Parallels should be using a local directory. When I go to the setting for the default folder for virtual machines, it displays the network user space instead of the local folder. If I change this back to the local folder, it still doesn't seem to fix the problem. Any ideas?

FYI, when I log in with a local admin account, it starts up correctly.

Thanks,
    John

2. sditmer

sditmer Bit poster

I've got a problem that may be similar. After transferring a VM over the network from my desktop machine to my MBP I get messages anytime start Parallels on the MBP that it cannot locate drives that are local to my desktop (Mac Pro). This apparently is some kind of problem related to AFP and has been reported in other threads by others. Unfortunately, nobody has found a fix for the problem. In my case, unless my MBP is on the same network with my Mac Pro I cannot even get Parallels to run. So much for taking my VM on the road...

Steve

3. jlindley9

jlindley9 Bit poster

I think this is different, because Parallels was setup locally and was running fine for weeks. Then, all of a sudden, it started to try and run from the network userspace rather than the local directory I had originally setup.

John