Parallels Sales Announcements

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by msttsm, Nov 29, 2011.

1. msttsm

msttsm Bit poster

Why is it Parallels can't seem to tie their email distribution list to their customer database in any other way than email address? It seems like a company that can write such a good virtualization product should be able to query the customer database so they don't annoy current version customers with constant announcements to upgrade to the latest version, which they are already using.

Since the only options is all emails or nothing, I will now no longer receive an announcement when a new version becomes available (not an update that the software will tell me about). Seems to me they should be able to offer more than all or nothing, most companies do...

Oh, and there was no place on the Contact Us page to send this to either, so here's where I'm putting it.

Is everyone else okay with this treatment?

Sign me "Steamed at all of the Parallels SPAM",
    Michael.

2. AlexandraK

AlexandraK Member

Hello Michael,

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

You can submit a complaint here:
    http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

Please select 'Feedback for Parallels Support management team' category in the first drop-down list.

3. solus

solus Member

I agree with the thread starter. I was getting spammed when Parallels 6 was released, and now again with version 7. It seems like I'm getting emails every week.

I purchased the version 7 upgrade direct from Nova Development in October. Since then, I've received more than a dozen upgrade offers. I just deleted a bunch from my inbox yesterday, and what did I find in my inbox this morning?? Another offer!

Thanks for the support link, by the way. I just contacted them.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011