We have enough and we are out of here

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by utw-Mephisto, Apr 20, 2007.

1. utw-Mephisto

utw-Mephisto Member

Ok, a long time ago I was really bitching about the support when I finally got a reply from Benjamin .

http://forums.parallels.com/thread8230.html

So I convinced my boss to try Parallels on our Mac stations to be able to run Windows for development purposes.

A week later we were running already into some problems we were not able to solve ... during the first week of February our manager bought phone support . He was not able to reach the support line. Additional to that we have opened several tickets which were not answered ...

Long story short .. we completely forgot about it after a few weeks .. just today when I had to install SQL 2005 for testing I remembered the whole Prallels issue (using now one host of our ESX farm instead of our Macs) and thought I check the status ..

Wow ... The tickets have been opened three month ago and still no answer .. When browsing this forum I can - once again - read only complains about support.

I don't care about the sticky in the General Question forum to send PMs since this obviously doesn't help either.

Long story short, my boss has a short fuse and he thinks about going the legal way which I don't think he / we will do since this is just silly .. Anyway ...

For all support - sufferer (nice word) check out various forums (also macnn) - people are very satisfied with the new VMWare Fusion Beta .. time to trash Parallels ....

Thanks for nothing guys :)

2. drval

drval Pro

I appreciate you leaving. I've had NO problems with Parallels at all. The ONLY annoyance I've experienced in re: to Parallels is the kind of messages that you have posted.

Your boss "has a short fuse" but it takes you from February till almost May to become aware that you haven't gotten the support you wanted? That doesn't sound to me like a "short fuse" but a very slow and deliberate course.

Do enjoy VMWare or whatever else you use.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

bye bye...

4. vioccc

vioccc Member

To be fair with Parallels, they seem to have put some more resources into support lately as the number of parallels people answering posts here over the last few days demonstrates. We'll have to see if this lasts.

5. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Why is it on ANY forum, whining quiters feel the compulsion to post their crap for all to see?

FUXOR D00D U R SO RITE ON111

/sarcasm

6. rpetges

rpetges Member

7. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Thats a GREAT link. Thanks. Saved to Favs.

8. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Why do people post on the forums like this? They want both sympathy and to warn other users. It is understandable. Do I think it is always the best practice? No. Do I think that utw-Mephisto had his head on straight and wrote accurately about his 'short-fused' boss? No.

The reason why I don't base how software works on forums is because most of the time you only hear from those who DON'T have it working, and those 'arcane' people who can help them out. I like to find 'normal' people who use the software if I am going to either deploy or reccomend it in a production environment.

For the record, Parallels, for me at least, is more stable than Windows... That is, my Parallels program gives me more issues than Windows on a normal PC. Sure, I still have the normal Windows ISSUES inside of Parallels... Anyway...

9. pcalver

pcalver Junior Member

/quote
    R A C H E L . F A I T H . A N D E R S O N
    Law Student "The Next Ann Coulter"
    /quote

Since you are the next Ann Coulter, are you also a bigot and a bomb-thrower? I'd role model on someone else. Maybe Elizabeth Dole.;)

10. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

lets not drag the thread off topic.

11. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

Don't know about R A C H E L!

But one thing is for sure - your a horse's a-s!

No maybe just a jackass.

ajm

12. constant

constant Forum Maven

What's an a-s?

And, does crossing a donkey with a horse create something undesirable?

13. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Stay on subject please. I put it in my Sig because I know what it means and says. There is nothing she's said that I can disagree with. So put that in yer pipe and smoke it....

Now... back to our show... already in progress....

14. Art743

Art743 Member

WOW! Strong and out of place reactions to a signature quote!

I agree with Rachel, stay on the subject, and I also agree with the general comments of others that the original post was pointless. Reading his referenced PM, he seems preoccupied with leveraging his perception of the competitive threat into getting some help. In business, you never want to lose a client, but sometimes it is better. Wait til the other guys start working with his unique problems (read that any way you wish) while working their way through Betas!

15. pcalver

pcalver Junior Member

So being provocative in your signature block produces a reaction, and you are upset about that? Do you think John Edwards is a faggot? Do you agree with this quote about nations with large Islamic populations?:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. "

Does that fit with your future role as an officer of the court? As far as being off-topic is concerned, this was a meaningless topic to start with, so I'm as on topic as anyone. I'm just calling out one of the board's participants on her implied bigotry and mean-spiritedness as indicated by her signature block. A wannabe bigot spokeswoman; what a concept.

16. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Sounds like yer the one upset....

Me... I'm pleased as punch and YEAH we did carpet bomb the German People... that is why we won and dont have to show papers to the Gestapo today. We will win or we will LOSE the war with Islam. And if we Lose, we will most of us die as a result. Nothing implied about that.

Now would an Admin kindly lock this thread that it is so far off topic.... thanks.

17. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

although you or i may not agree with the views expressed, Rachel is as entitled as the next person to make them.... which in fact, she didnt..
    As for being off topic, the original topic may have been pointless, but so is your public commentary on Rachels beliefs...

So maybe its just best to let this topic die and drop down the board.

18. mmischke

mmischke Hunter

@utw-Mephisto:

I regret that none of us here were given an opportunity to help you sort out whatever problems you were having with Parallels. The community track record here is quite good. Your posting history doesn't show you having asked any technical questions or even describing the issues you were having (other than with Parallels support).

Best of luck w/Fusion. Keep in mind that it's still in beta and that support is probably limited to VMWare's user forums. If you've got a boss who's focused on software support, that's not likely to make him any happier.

19. constant

constant Forum Maven

Rachel Faith,

This has nothing to do with Ann Coulter's views.

I'm sure Ann Coulter never aspired to be the next "anyone", and that's how she came to be "someone".

If you want to be "someone", you should only aspire to be the first "Rachel Faith Anderson".

20. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

That's a good point, Constant...

As to calling out 'everyone is entitled to his own opinion', why does it seem that people who receive an offense flame back, then call grievence? It's that sortof, whatever you think... but if you dissent, then anything but what you think. It's called the vicious circle.

This thread is off topic, it was pretty much pointless for Parallels from the start. Maybe bringing attention to it will get the admins to lock it. This sorta things belongs in a General Discussion forum or something...