Time sync problems with Parallels 6 and XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by ANDREA123, Nov 1, 2011.

1. ANDREA123

ANDREA123 Junior Member

I'm running Windows XP (sp 2) with Parallels 6. I have recently noticed due to a confusion over an Outlook (on XP) meeting time that my XP time is one hour behind my Mac time. Both say Eastern Time Zone.

I have tried synching XP time with Mac time in the Parallels configuration, allowing a different time and not, and automatically updating for daylight savings (XP) and not, and still no luck. The XP time remains 1 hr behind the actual time.

I've seen a lot of posts on various sites about their Windows time defaulting to Central America time or Bogota, but this is not what I am seeing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. brmovem

brmovem Member

Did you solve your problem now?

What if to use additional software to time sync over the internet?

3. ANDREA123

ANDREA123 Junior Member

No, I haven't resolved the issue. Sometimes I will open my computer while Parallels was suspended or not suspended and my time will be some random time in the past or even some random time forward. I only noticed when my inbox had emails from 'tomorrow.'

I don't know of any 3rd party Windows applications that can sync the time, could you recommend any? I would be willing to give it a try.

Thanks!

4. brmovem

brmovem Member

I've heard something about SP TimeSync http://www.spdialer.com/timesync/
    But didn't use it by myself.
    Use it on your risk.
    And try to find something with google first - "time sync software" etc.

5. brmovem

brmovem Member

Hello ANDREA123!

Do you have any progress with your problem?

Did you try SP TimeSync?

6. ANDREA123

ANDREA123 Junior Member

I've just installed SP TimeSync and it seems fine for now. It has the option to start up with windows and run in the background which Atomic lacked (and was consequently quite useless). We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.