Parallels vs Bootcamp defaults

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by GerryS, Oct 19, 2011.

1. GerryS

GerryS Bit poster

Hi Folks
    Having tried many sources unsuccessfully I am hoping someone here can help me.
    I have parallels Desktop 6 and windows 7 running on my Macbook pro. OSX 10.6
    I have some programs that need windows, but when I double click on the files for those programs it tries to open them in Bootcamp....but it can't find bootcamp or access it.

The program runs well in Windows 7 (VM) once started and a file is opened from within itself.

When I start Parallels it always asks me whether I want to start in windows or bootcamp....I always use Windows.

How do I tell the programs to default to windows 7 and not try to start up bootcamp?

I am also having trouble sharing files between the two platforms (Mac/Windows)...sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. Could this be a related problem?

Thanks very much for your help

Cheers

Gerry

2. brmovem

brmovem Member

3. GerryS

GerryS Bit poster

Hi
    Thanks for your response.
    I have had all the settings as suggested, but windows programs still try to use bootcamp rather than parallels. I'd rather not see bootcamp at all, but it seems to want recognition...even though it can't do anything when it gets it!

So the question still is:
    How do I tell the windows programs to default to windows 7 and not try to start up bootcamp?

Thanks so much for your time on this.
    Cheers

Gerry

4. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hello GerryS, your case should be reviewed by our technical support team.

Please submit support request at:

www.parallels.com/support/request > Technical Issue in Parallels product

and enter your support code. Your support code is available in your account at: www.parallels.com/account

You may also check what your support code is simply by starting Parallels Desktop application and clicking "Request Support" from the "Help" menu. And then application will show your unique Support Code. By clicking Get Support you will be taken to the Parallels Support website to receive support you deserve.

5. GerryS

GerryS Bit poster

Support???

Sorry, but the support I really deserve for buying this rather glitchy program is ****Free***.
    Anything less is a scam.

Gerry

6. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

It is free indeed for registered users. I see you have an account with registered Parallels Desktop 6 key there so you are eligible for free e-mail assistance till March, 14, 2012

7. brmovem

brmovem Member

Hello GarryS!

Did you solve your problem?

Did those manuals give you some help?