Unable to access VM Configuration!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by eddiek, Apr 21, 2007.

1. eddiek

eddiek Bit poster

I am unable to change my VM Configuration settings. When I press Stop, Parallels Desktop quits and when I open the Parallels, Windows XP automatically starts giving me no time. I accidently checked both those settings located in the VM Configuration settings which is now preventing me from unchecking them.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I should work around this?

Thank you in advance!

Eddie

2. Art743

Art743 Member

A suggestion: Try the second-from-then-bottom icon on the right side of the parellels "frame" around windows. it leads to the configuration panel you are talking about.

3. AlexSolo

AlexSolo Parallels Team

Push command key, double-click on Parallels Desktop and keep pushing command key for 20-30 seconds till you get the Parallels Property Page.

4. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

FIRST: Backup you VM HD
    Launch Parallels as soon as the XP starts to boot, select the RED stop key.

It is a bad idea to have BOTH auto run AND auto exit activated.
    De-select auto exit. This will prevent you being unable to gain access to Parallels configuration.

Warning stopping the VM during boot can have destructive effect! Make sure you backup VM HD file first.

ajm

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

you can also edit the PVS file in the VMs directory . change the start auto and autoshutdown values to 0 and then make sure you launch parallels from the application in your Applications > Parallels folder rather than any other shortcuts you may have.