Nokia N95

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MartyMcr, Apr 23, 2007.

1. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

Has anyone got the Nokia N95 working in XP running under Parallels?

I've tried some of the solutions mentioned for earlier models, but nothing seems to work - OSX does not see the N95, and it's not presented in the USB menu to connect to the parallels session.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has made any progress....

Thanks

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

can you not install the nokia software in windows, then pair it with windows using bluetooth and access it that way ?

3. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

Hmm good idea, never tried using Bluetooth from Parallels but will give that a try!

4. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

or maybe not! looks like Parallels doesn't support using the Mac's bluetooth connection.

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

you need to install the drivers disk from Bootcamp 1.2 to get bluetooth to work in parallels. Works for my N73 quite nicely.

Download bootcamp, but dont install it, just browse the DMG file for the .exe file containing the drivers, extract it and copy it to XP then install. You can then attach the Bluetooth device by selecting Apple Wireless from the USB devices list in Parallels (Devices > USB)

6. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

Excellent thanks for the advice - will give it a try later.

7. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

Bluetooth

Just tried this and if I run the full installer it only offers to install Apple Update. If I try to run the bluetooth installer, nothing seems to happen - trying via VNC, so may not be conclusive, but just wondered which file you actually ran to install the Bluetooth driver from 1.2?

8. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

OK tried this at home properly now - works, but as soon as you click 'Apple Wireless' in the menu, all connectivity to the Apple keyboard and mouse (bluetooth) is lost so I had to reboot.

Managed to transfer some files from the Apple using the OSX Bluetooth File Transfer though - bit clunky but it works!

Anyone got a better solution?