Vista + Coherence?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by spottypaws, Apr 23, 2007.

1. spottypaws

spottypaws Bit poster

I've just bought and installed Parallels and must admit to be slightly disappointed - I'm hoping through that I'm doing something wrong and I can be pointed in the right direction.

I tried to use my Vista Business Bootcamp install but that doesn't seem to work. After much digging I've found out that the Bootcamp support is currently limited to XP. Not a very widely documented point I must say, but I'll remain patient as I'm sure it's being worked on.

The real concern through is that now that I've let Parallels install it's own version of windows, I can;t get Coherence to work - it simply won;t come out of the main window. Is that restricted to XP only as well or am I missing a trick!

The demo videos etc. of this look great, please help me realise that on my Mac!

2. vioccc

vioccc Member

I haven't used Vista for a while with Parallels however I *think* that Coherence worked fine with it. Are you sure that you've installed Parallels tools under Vista?

That said, unless you really need vista for some reason, I'd recommend to stick to XP. It's a lot more lightweight and works like a charm in Parallels.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

If you have already installed parallels tools and its not working, uninstall them, reboot your virtual machine and install them again...

If that still fails, check for the Coherence service in windows services and also check for the file cohrence.exe in your program files\parallels directory.

4. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Vista is fully supported. Please, make sure that you have Parallels Tools installed. Consult Manual to do that - it's really not dificult to install them.

5. iduff

iduff Product Expert

"Vista is fully supported"? Do you really mean that? COOL!!!

So 3D now works? JK...

Now we just have to wait for app developers to catch up, then Vista might actually be useful.

</bitter rant at Vista>

6. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

:) You can't know if my internal version has hardware acceleration...