beta expiration after purchase

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by quixos, Apr 29, 2006.

1. quixos

quixos Junior Member

i've downloaded the beta and installed parallels about 3 days ago. my license is from April 5 to March 5 (not at the computer it's installed on, not sure). so i'll have less than two weeks of playing with the beta.

if i purchase the pre-order, do i get a new license? i'd like to continue using parallels until the final arrives. i've looked through the site and the forum, but have had no luck finding an answer to that question. how does this work?

2. nick083

nick083 Member

Beta key validity

Hello quixos,

Thank you very much for your interest in Parallels products. I can assure you that we'll provide a possibility to receive a prolonged key to ensure the uninterruptable operation until we go GA. Everybody who preordered will receive their permanent key on the day of GA.

Please, be sure that there will be no interruption in your ability to run Parallels Virtual machines on Mac.

Best Regards,
    Nick

3. quixos

quixos Junior Member

thanks for the quick answer, just completed my order.

nick083,

thank you for the quick reply. the assurance that i'd be able to use a virtual machine uninterrupted until your GA release, convinced me to pre-order 1 license.

best wishes of business success,
    quixos

4. tc60045

tc60045 Junior Member

At some point, people need to ante up --- and boys, your software is worth this ante and more.

Having just done so, I was waiting for my activation code, but only now saw here that it won't happen until Parallels goes gold.

No complaint, gents, but you should make your process indicate that the purchaser will eventually get a license, but for now, here's an extended key. I've got 5 days left an now don't know how to extend my beta.

Thanks,

TC

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

We will deliver prolonged keys to all beta testers soon - don't worry.

6. max2o

max2o Bit poster

got my key, now what?

I received an extended beta key and the only place I can see to enter it is Help > Activate Product. But I get an invalid activation key error. Can anyone tell me what I need to do if anything?
    Thanks

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Do you use Copy and Paste to insert the key? Some users experienced problems with entering 0 instead of O and so on.

8. max2o

max2o Bit poster

that did it

Copy. Paste. I should have thought of that. Sorry for wasting pixels. and Thanks

9. turkeyneck

turkeyneck Bit poster

I've purchased a pre-release copy, sent several requests for an extended key and to this point have received no response. My PWS has now expired. thanks a lot. :(

10. Andrew @ Parallels

turkeyneck,

We apologize for inconvinience. Prolonged keys were sent for all beta testers and pre-ordered customers. It seems that you didn't recieve for some reason.

We will resent it to you. If you wil still have no success with it please try to get it manually from our site - http://forum.parallels.com/thread1448.html.