daemon tools

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hollywoodMD, Apr 23, 2007.

1. hollywoodMD

hollywoodMD Bit poster

Does anyone know if Daemon Tools (cd/DVD drive emulator) will work with Parallels install of Win XP?

Thanks...

2. adamsweeting

adamsweeting Junior Member

What do you need to use Daemon Tools for?

If you need it to mount a cd image, you can do that via parallels

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

because daemon toolz can emulate some popular disk protection features, that the generic iso mounter in parallels can't.

However to answer the OPs question, I haven't tried in 3188, but in the release candidates before it, DT didnt work. I never managed to get it past the initial step of the install where it asks to reboot windows to continue.

4. vinneh

vinneh Member

i think you will find that older versions of daemon tools should work, like the around 3.16....

5. AndyB

AndyB Bit poster

Hi There,

I am running Windows XP via boot camp partition in Parallels 3188, and on that I have daemon tools 4.08 and it works great for me (not tried copy protected images mind).

As for why you might want to use daemon tools over the parallels mounting system - Microsofts msdn download manager only seems to play nice in windows, and downloads straight to the windows partition, so why bother moving it.. plus it still works then if you boot windows via bootcamp.

Andy.