Photoshop strange mouse issue - eyedropper, other clicks slightly shifted

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rantfoil, Apr 28, 2006.

1. rantfoil

rantfoil Bit poster

I'm running on Mac OS X on a MacbookPro, with Parallels + Win XP SP2 + Adobe Photoshop CS2. I'm set to 1440 x 900 resolution in Parallels on XP.

When I'm running in parallels, both in full screen and windowed mode, I notice that when I try to expand a subgroup in the layers panel in Photoshop, it doesn't work unless I click slightly to the right and slightly above where the arrow really is. Has anyone encountered this?

This problem seems to occur elsewhere as well, e.g. using the eyedropper tool to grab colors from an image is shifted by the same amount.

This might be a mouse driver issue. It's an easy workaround (just remember to click slightly up and to the right of the arrow) but i found it annoying nonetheless.

Since Photoshop is a very important reason why I use Parallels, this seems like a relatively important thing to get right.

Also, as a side comment, the mouse driver doesn't seem QUITE right because there's a perceptible difference between native vs. Parallels still.

In any case it's a tremendous amount of progress in a short amount of time. Very impressive. Thanks Parallels!

2. tomhalv

tomhalv Member

I just confirmed with my MBP the same mouse issue with Photoshop CS2. I hadn't really used CS2 (Win) much inside the VM other than to test out some speed comparisons against the Mac version. But you're right... there is a slight offset as you describe. Hopefully the Parallels team can look into what's up here. This might become more apparent/concern (or disappear) when the Wacom tablet driver can start working under the USB interface..