Build 3188 keyboard/mouse in bootcamp

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jvmiami, Apr 6, 2007.

1. jvmiami

jvmiami Bit poster

I just installed Build 3188 and tried to use my current Boot Camp that was running Windows XP Pro. When I boot in Parallels it just sat at the "Windows Authentication" before actually loading up windows. During this time the mouse/keyboard would not give a response when I clicked inside the Parallels window. I restarted Parallels and nothing would happen.

I finally was able to click on the USB button on the lower right of Parallels and clicked on the Keyboard/Mouse which let me use the keyboard/mouse in Windows, but then I could not get my mouse or keyboard back out of parallels.

Does anyone have a suggestion?? PLEASE HELP!

-JV

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

You need to have Parallels tools installed.

What type of mouse and keyboard is shown in your Properties windows? I think you probably want PS/2.

3. jvmiami

jvmiami Bit poster

Well I'm trying to use the native keyboard and mouse pad on my intel macbook. I can't get pasted the window's welcome screen. it just sits there saying that I need to activate windows and the keyboard/mouse wont work to let me click on the "yes" or "no" to continue with the windows startup.

4. jvmiami

jvmiami Bit poster

As a note, when I first installed Parallels I did not have auto login on my windows boot camp. This caused Parallels to just sit at the welcome screen with my login but i couldn't use the mouse or keyboard. I rebooted in Boot Camp and turned autologin back on. But now it just sits at the welcome screen with the "windows activation" message and no keyboard or mouse.

I've seen that people have had to reinstall Boot camp. is there another solution?? This going back to a restore point on windows might help?

thanks

5. gabri

gabri Bit poster

Keyboard and Mouse Will not work in parallels

Hey everyone:

I just posted the same issue a few hours ago, the same thing is happening to me also...
    This is the thing:
    When clicking inside the VM (in this case using Parallels to emulate Windows XP SP2 over OS X) you don't get a response from either mouse or keyboard, and in my case it's the onboard mouse and keyboard on my new macbook.
    I tried all.. from "Actions --> Install Parallels tools" to clicking "Devices --> Apple Keyboard and Mouse", and actually when clicking in devices I loose my mouse and Keyboard in OS X as well.

I really don't know if this is a problem within Windows; meaning that the .cab file in the C:\Windows\Driver Cache needs to be changed to another one (which I did but no success) or reinstalling Parallels (which I also did with no success as well).

Help help help. that's what we need, and most likely from a guy who already went through this or knows a lot about parallels...

This is actually my posting:

"Hello everyone,

I got a new Macbook (2.0 GHz, 1.6 RAM) two weeks ago, installed Bootcamp and Windows XP Service Pack 2.
    Basically everything is a fresh install.
    Then I installed Parallels v3188 and in order for my VM to run I had to rename the file drivers.cab to SP2.cab in the C:\Windows\Driver Cache.
    The problem is: My mouse and my keyboard does not work inside the VM, they work on OS X and if I click on the parallels window it looks like my mouse is inside but it does not move and so does the keyboard, tho when I press option + command I get back to OS X normally.

I tried clicking "Actions --> Install Parallels tools" and it did not help me.

I don't know what else is there to do... if anybody can help me would be great..."

Hope we get a solution to this issue.
    Thanks a lot!

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm.. What kind of mouse are you using? If you are using Wireless, try connecting a wired mouse.

7. gabri

gabri Bit poster

I am using the onboard mouse and keyboard from my macbook.

8. Jmdor

Jmdor Member

Use Alt-key

I just did the same thing and thought I was hosed. No mouse response. However, I found I could go through the re-activation screen by typing the shortcut commands (Alt+whatever letter is underlined under the option you want), and then the rest of windows loaded, parallels tools finished its install system, the windows platform restarted, and all was well.