DirectX Support ???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by OS9Alive.com, Apr 16, 2007.

1. OS9Alive.com

OS9Alive.com Member

Does anyone have a clue as to when this software will support DirectX, not one mention when I paid $80 for this software that it runs very little windows Apps ..

So when can we expect to have this support ??

James

2. VTMac

VTMac Pro

Other than Direct X apps, what apps don't run?? Serioualy, every single app I've thrown at this runs, except for direct x. All of office. Every software development tool. Various internally developed applications. Desktop sharing apps like webex / gotomeeting. Parallels is clear that DirectX is not supported. And they offer a free 30 day trial for you to determine if it works for you. If you couldn't figure out these 2 things in 30 days, I think it's clear where the problem lies.

3. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

Hello,

DirectX support will be avaliable in next major release later in this year.

Best regards,
    Mike

4. OS9Alive.com

OS9Alive.com Member

Mike, Thanks you for an answer finally.. Can you help with how the heck to sign online ??

VTMac - When I bought my new i-mac the specs said nothing about this software not supporting DirectX. I did not try out anything, I purchased parallels with my computer.

5. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Oh yes, the iMac supports DirectX in Windows running BootCamp. Also, VMWare does too.

Install a BootCamp partition, then install Windows onto it. Then you can point Parallels at the BootCamp partition.

6. byron.hender@telus.net

byron.hender@telus.net Bit poster

Do you have any idea when Parallels will support Direct X? My marine Navigation software will not run without it.

7. OS9Alive,

Parallels is not an Apple product. There's no reason why the iMac specs would have any information about it. The fact it was installed on your computer was because the dealer from whom you purchased the computer pre-installed it. The support information for Parallels is in the Parallels' documentation.

None of the third-party software pre-installed on the computer is supported by Apple nor does Apple provide any documentation for it. It's your responsibility to read the documentation that is installed with the software.

8. wingdo

wingdo Pro

I don't get the hostility there. 51 minutes after you posted the question you had an official answer (although Parallels docs also state DirectX is not supported). We should all get so lucky as to get a 51 minute official response.

And VmWare ..... DirectX 8.1 only. No 9 no 10.

9. drval

drval Pro

Are you saying that you KNOW that Parallels using a Boot Camp partition will support DirectX?

10. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

hardly parallels fault you were sold a product that :

a) you hadnt researched properly

or

b) you reseller didnt explain the product to you.