Is there still a memory leak in 3188?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gracemolloy, Apr 23, 2007.

1. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

I get the spinning beach ball of doom nearly every time I close a window.

this occurs when ...

Parallels has been running for generally 2-3+ hours.
    Closing mostly Internet Explorer windows (sadly the only app I need Parallels for)

Parallels doesn't crash, it just lags for 20-30 seconds. If I reboot it's fine again for another hour or 2, then starts again.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Don't have any issues with leaks here. Is the spinning beach ball occuring when closing windows on the OS X side too? Does it make a difference if Parallels is turned on or not? I know the last question might be implicity answered in your post, I just want to see it explicitly.

If you only need IE, look at the WINE project.

3. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

Just the windows side. Though it's done exceptionally well today *knock on wood*, though it's very normal for this to happen once or twice a day.

Will IE run EVERYTHING it normally does in Windows? Java/ActiveX/Full on Web Apps?

I'm an insurance agent and none of the companies I have care enough to program for a Real web browser.

4. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

I have noticed this... but in DAYS not hours.... If I dont restart it every day... it lags.. and the lags get worse....

Parallel Tools Center will eventually consume 100% of the CPU if you dont restart.

5. drval

drval Pro

AFAIK -- yes -- full IE support.

6. gracemolloy

gracemolloy Member

You've got a bit more RAM that I do too, how much are you throwing at it?