Why doesn't this site work with WMP 11 in XP?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Stevamundo, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

2. wesley

wesley Pro

The site works fine for me on my XP SP2 + WMP11 installation in my Parallels VM.

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

fine here too

4. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

So you can watch the videos on WMP 11 on that site? How?

For me it acts like it's going to play the video and then it just doesn't. Does it take very long time to play or what?

When I click on play, it says buffering for ten-twenty seconds then it says ready then I get absolutely nothing.

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

the video on that page, plays almost instantly for me under parallels... funilly tho, i get "a plugin performed an illegal operation" error if i try it on my home windows pc...

6. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

What browser are you using in Parallels? I'm using IE7.

7. wesley

wesley Pro

It could be an IE7 problem, then? I'm using IE6.

8. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

That could very well be then.

9. Constable_Odo1

Constable_Odo1 Member

Crap, I can't get that site to work either with WMP 11 and IE7 or Firefox. Do you have any sites I can try that work for you that's similar to that site that I can test?

I seem to be having a problem after replacing my NetGear RangeMax with a Airport Extreme Base Station N router. I can't get WMP 11 to stream .wmv files anymore from a site I used to use effortlessly before. I think I need some serious help with which ports need to be opened on the AEBSN to allow WMP 11 to work providing that's the problem I'm having. It won't even work anymore using BootCamp.

Anyone have any tips on their Firewall or router port settings? I'm totally crapped out.

10. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Yes, try wwe.com that site works for me with WMP 11 and IE7.

11. Constable_Odo1

Constable_Odo1 Member

I didn't have any problem playing videos on this wwe site. So now I need to figure out WTF is the difference between this site, the scorpions site and my sonakbi.com site. I just hate this crap. I'm not blaming Windows for this. I'll bet it's some router, NAT or UDP/TCP ports problem. I've got every codec possible installed (using recommended codec multi-packs). I looked for every plug-in that might do the trick, but I don't think that's the problem.

I tried playing both sites with WinXP and Vista using WMP11 and neither worked. The only factor that changed from the past was the router. I should just install my old router again to see if I can access those sites. Otherwise I'll have to go over the WMP FAQ with a fine tooth comb.