Possible to create Boot Camp partition from Parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by enthios, Apr 18, 2007.

1. enthios

enthios Member

Hi. I read that you can create a Parallels HDD from your Bootcamp partition, but is it possible to do it the other way around? I already have Parallels but do not yet have Boot Camp.

The reason I am even considering Boot Camp is that when I run Parallels on top of OSX, there is no power management, so the battery gets eaten up in just over an hour.

Thank in advance!

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

enthios, unfortunately current version of transporter isn't support transfering virtual machine into boot camp partition.

3. ngreeves

ngreeves Bit poster

Boot Camp from Parallels image?

I would be very interested in a solution to this problem.
    I use a customised installer for Windows XP which is preconfigured with all my University settings. It will NOT install directly into Boot Camp but it does install into Parallels.
    I have not been able to copy the successful installation of XP into Boot Camp.

This is a pity because I think the ideal way to run Windows is from Boot Camp through Parallels. That way the bulk of the time OS X is available when using Parallels but the identical XP install can be accesed through Boot Camp if required (games?).

This would provide a route to a dual-boot Dual OS Mac - ideal for University use.

I'm sure Parallels can add this functionality to Transporter if they consider it worth the effort.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Use Acronis to port things over. Many threads on this.