New User Network Problems

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Bmbrady77, May 2, 2007.

1. Bmbrady77

Bmbrady77 Junior Member

I am new to parallels so this may be a dumb question..

I'm running Parallels Workstation 2.2 Build 2112.
    Vista Home Premium is the Host O/S

It doesn't matter which O/S I run as a client, I can't get the client to connect to the network on either adapter, wireless or hard connection. I've tried various settings and while the icon at the bottom of the window says connected, I can't get the client to connect at all.

Clients using are Win XP, Win 2000, FreeBSD, and Solaris..none of these will connect..

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Mike

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Are Parallels tools installed?

3. Bmbrady77

Bmbrady77 Junior Member

yes. I didn't get any errors on the install either..The capture/release function works fine so I'm sure the tools installed correctly. My guest O/S shws an ethernet adapter installed with no problems but when I open a browser in the guest I just get the usual "detecting proxy" then the built in "page cannot be loaded check the connection blah blah" message..

4. Bmbrady77

Bmbrady77 Junior Member

This Sux!

You know..I LEGALLY PURCHASED this s/w..when I could've easily ripped it off..I can't get support on the phone..Tried but was on hold for an hour before I finally just said screw it and hung up..Now I can't get any support through the "official" support forum...Why did I even spend my HARD EARNED money? I'll tell you why..I believe that the difference between cracked s/w and legally purchased s/w is the fact that developers would be willing to HELP the people that bit the bullet and PAID for the s/w. Support is the only reason anyone would pay for s/w when the internet has made any s/w title you can imagine available for FREE. Now..it seems that the guys that follow the rules aren't even allowed that indulgence. I apologize for the rant but this really pi$$es me off!

5. Resolver

Resolver Member

Internet Connection Troubleshooting

Hello ! Phone and Email support are working fine now . Please contact us anytime.

Also to resolve your problem please go to EDIT -> chose Bridged Ethernet . Save. Restart Mac.

Otherwise EDIT -> choose HOST only networking .. Save . Restart MAc

6. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

What kind of networking are you using?
    How does what Resolver recommended work?

7. Bmbrady77

Bmbrady77 Junior Member

Geeeezzz...Did you even read my post? I'm using a VISTA host which means that this is a PC...not a Mac..btw..already tried both of those options..set the adapter to every setting available and still no dice!

Any more ideas?

8. Bmbrady77

Bmbrady77 Junior Member

Eru,
    I'm using parallels on a gateway mt6821 notebook with wireless and hard connection adapters..Resolver had nothing of value. I was using VMWare Beta and it worked fine. The Beta version expired so I BOUGHT Parallels to replace it. Turns out, the only reason that the VMWare Beta expired is because a new release was availale..Installed that and ..you guessed it...it works fine...I only wish to resolve the issue with Parallels now for the reason of not feeling like I got ripped off by Parallels..I do not expect them to work a miracle and find a magic trick to make something work that absolutely will not, but they aren't even trying as far as support goes...He!!...Resolver did not even take the time to read my original post before he/she posted a response...basically..they only responded because I questioned the integrity of Parallels support!

9. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

You know, your first post was ambiguous enough (in my rapid skimming) to make me think you were running an OS X host system due to the flurry of posts that come from newbie Mac users. You said host OS, but then followed by saying you were new, you never know what people come up with. Yes, we all should take things more at face value sometimes.

Anyway, I don't really know how to fix it, I never used Parallels installed onto Windows.

10. Bmbrady77

Bmbrady77 Junior Member

That's as much as I can ask for..I'm really not an argumentative type of person believe it or not, but even if they don't know..just say so..It's kind of rude for them to just leave someone hanging in mid air even if they don't know the answer..At least you took the time to say you didn't know..That's better than no response at all...

11. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

That's what I figure... That way people don't just wait for your response.