Having Some Problems With A Printer...Could Parallels Save The Day???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by JSiN, May 3, 2007.

1. JSiN

JSiN Bit poster

hey....so heres my problem. I recently acquired an HP Laserjet 3200 from a friend, and spent countless hours trying to figure out why this thing WOULD NOT print anything but a line of some sort of post-script message, and then blank pages until i physically cancelled the job. Well i figured out the problem....THIS PRINTER IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MACS...
    the 3200m (m for mac;) ) is the one that i need....but i dont. and i really need to use this laserjet...so thats when i started thinking about solutions, and being that i recently added 'Palallels' running XP to my MacBookPro, i am thinking that there could be a way this will work out...

what needs to happen here is that i want to send a file from my osx application, through Windows XP/Parallels, and then to the laserjet 3200, basically using Parallels as a bridge or whatever....

is this possible? and if so, could someone be so kind as to explain the steps, or point me in the right direction. many thanks

2. JSiN

JSiN Bit poster

...nobody has any help for me... and again, i was told by HP that this printer isnt compatible with osx, so basically i just need to know if parallels running xp will make this printer believe that its not connected to my macbookpro, and function as if it was running off a pc.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

What is there in Windows that makes you think it can convert a Postscript stream to a LaserJet hpcl stream?

This page may be helpful: http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_3200

4. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

5. JSiN

JSiN Bit poster

that is in fact the driver that HP shows for os x, but like i said above, after installing that exact driver nothing ever printed other than the same post script error, and then i ultimately learned tht it wasnt os x compatible at all....but hp wasnt sure if running parallels could bypass this situation... so on a whim i figured that maybe someone on the "parallels" specific site would have some guidance for me....and although i am totally grateful, the link above from dkp might as well be written in mongolian... i dont have a clue...im an artist still trying to get used to sitting at this thing for long hours.....
    i hope this isnt asking for too much from anyone, but at this point i just need to know if i should keep my fingers crossed that theres hope for this!!!.

thanks y'all !!!