How do you configure network in windows???

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ocelot27, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ocelot27

ocelot27 Bit poster

How do you configure network in windows to use the available airport connection??? -john.

2. casioguy

casioguy Member

I believe there is no possibilty to use the airport connection for internet connection. Seems like you need to connect an ethernet cable to the ethernet port, but I could be wrong. I haven't been able to configure to connect to the net via airport so far...

3. fibtastic

fibtastic Bit poster

Bridged network on wifi interface

I have an XP virtual machine with the network port bridged onto my airport interface on a WEP encrypted network. Doesn't seem to work.

Do I need to somehow configure the WEP key with in the VM as well? Is there a firewall rule on the OS X side of things that needs to be configured?

Anyone have a configuration like this working?

Thanks-

4. willwgm3

willwgm3 Member

I have XP pro installed and connected by bridged network through my airport. I just had to shutdown the guest and switch the network binding in the virtual NIC from en0 to en1.

I am using WEP as well. Everything is configured in OS X and XP is configured to use DHCP.

5. enthios

enthios Member

Thanks. Could you put that into layman's english, or be more specific than "everything is configured" and using "dhcp" ?
    thanks

6. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

He means you don't have to do anything. For network adapter options, under Bridged Ethernet (which should be checked), select en1 and check "wi-fi adapter". It will bridge the airport express on the mac to the VM's ethernet adapter.

7. mike3k

mike3k Member

Works fine for me on my MacBookPro. I just tell it to use en1 for my bridged ethernet & Windows doesn't even have to know that it's wireless - it just sees it as a LAN connection. I've also tried moving a VM between my MacBookPro and my iMac and as long as I change the ethernet to en0 on the iMac it works flawlessly on both machines.

8. sedek

sedek Bit poster

I still have trouble connecting wirelessly. I changed to en1 and then restarted the VM, but still no internet connection. Hm.