reinstalling Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ljplatt, May 9, 2007.

1. ljplatt

ljplatt Member

I was having a problem and got a message suggesting that solution involved reinstalling Parallels. So I uninstalled Parallels using the uninstall app. when I tried to then reinstall Parallels I get a message saying that a newer version is already installed; i choose to install anyway and get a message saying there is "nothing to install". When I try to run uninstall again, the message says that Parallels in not installed. I have followed the instructions in FAQ with no success. I have submitted this problem by email but thought someone out there might have an idea of what to do. Right now, I no longer can use or install (or uninstall) Parallel. Thanks for any help.

ljplatt

2. Bodude

Bodude Bit poster

Look in the /Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts folder and remove the installer for parallels. that should enable a reinstallation

3. ljplatt

ljplatt Member

Thank you Bodude for your suggestion. I did not have the installer in the Receipts folder so that didn't work. BUT it gave me the idea to do a search for "parallel" in Finder. the only things I found were in the trash bin. I emptied the trash bin and installation went fine. It's so easy sometimes when you know the right thing to do. Problem solved.