Use Boot Camp Vista

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by stadidas, Feb 27, 2007.

1. stadidas

stadidas Bit poster

Currently it is not possible to use a Boot Camp Vista partition in Parallels, only XP. It would be really handy to be able to use a Vista partition. Any guys working on Parallels know when this may be implemented?

2. mpdan

mpdan Junior Member

I'll 2nd that.

3. kimb

kimb Bit poster

I'll 3rd that. The product is pretty useless to me without it.

4. cam815

cam815 Member

I'll 4th that.

5. alanh2856

alanh2856 Bit poster

Vista with boot camp & parallels

Anyone know when this will be supoorted?

6. msvista

msvista Member

I just tried with 3188...no luck, the option is grayed and I tried to fake vista as XP, it doesn't start.

http://venublog.com/

7. stuartrice

stuartrice Bit poster

vista and parallels

i add my vote -- it would be awesome to have that functionality in place! go parallels!

8. alien2k

alien2k Bit poster

PD 3.0 supports Vista Boot Camp partitions officially - in the Boot Camp section of the manual for 3.0, Vista is mentioned wherever XP SP2 is.

I haven't tried this yet - I'm downloading 3.0 now but I'm home from uni and on a pitiful link so it's gonna take about 45 minutes to complete. I'm a Christmas "maintenance" customer but I haven't received my key yet - am hoping a trial key will last long enough for Parallels to sort it out. Although the way this download is going the key might've ran out by then :mad:...

Sam

9. stuartrice

stuartrice Bit poster

Yay!

I'm currently running Parallels 3.0 and it is BRILLIANT... I am writing this in Vista running from my installation of Boot Camp...

Parallels ROCKS!

10. flipdoubt

flipdoubt Member

Call me dense, but I can't figure out how to do this. Whenever I select Vista for a new OS, the "Bootcamp Partition" option is disabled. How did you pull of this trick?

11. sparcdr

sparcdr Junior Member

Don't select Vista, use XP virtual machine type and just run it anyways.