Repeated Windows Update Requests

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jesschoen, Apr 17, 2007.

1. jbcaro

jbcaro Member

What I do is search for the KB file on my system. There should be an info file that you can read in notepad. Look at the file and determine if the update was successfully installed (many times it is not). If it was successfully installed and is still showing up as needing to be updated, manually go to the windows update site and tell it to never try to update that patch again.

Works for me.

j

2. scotto

scotto Member

There's one key question we seem to have skipped: is the system protected with these updates (even though it says it needs them again) or not? I'd be okay reinstalling them over and over if that's the right thing to do (until the fix comes from Parallels). What I *don't* want to do is hide the updates if I actually need them. Maybe Mike (who has quite helpfully acknowledged the issue) could add that bit of information? I know I'd find it helpful. Really I'm asking the more general question: what should we do in the meantime? Thanks.

3. snewe

snewe Bit poster

Will we have to pay for the upgrade to get the bug fixed? (I sure hope not!)

4. jkf

jkf Bit poster

Will there be another build of 2.5 that includes the fix for this bug, or will all of us 2.5 users be forced to upgrade to 3.0 to get the fix?